How can I take care of my Citrina?
Please check our website on “Care” page and get the best instructions to take care of your Citrina.
How often should I give water to my Citrina in a week?
Please check our website on “Care” page and get the best instructions to water your Citrina. However, you should have in mind noted that varieties such as kumquat require less frequent watering than the other citrus varieties. It is also important to remember that larger citrus fruits with more foliage and more fruit will need more water than a citrina that has few foliage or few fruits.
Can I repot my Citrina? What is the best season to repot it?
Yes, you can repot your Citrina. The best season is the spring. Please check our website on “Care” page and get the best instructions to repot your Citrina.
Can I put my Citrina outside my house?
All citrinas need natural light, if placed indoors, it must be in a well-lit place where you can have some weak sun, if outdoors, it must be in a shady place, protected from direct sunlight and rain (not exposed at very low temperatures. (Min: 5 degrees)).
Outside, especially if it's spring, the plant will develop more quickly, being able to receive some sun in the morning or end of the day.
You will be able to see all the information on our website here.
How long the fruits stay in the plant?
When the fruits of your Citrina are fully mature, they will last in the plant for 3 to 6 months. Oriana, Lisa, Onika and Ophelia are the plants that hold on for longer their fruits.
If we are talking about a Lisa in the month of May to July, it is natural that fruit fall happens. Lisa will drop baby fruits during these months, leaving only the larger ones.
In another situations, it is not so normal and is advisable to check, however, not all the fruits that the plant generates, will grow and may fall naturally.
Will my Citrina have fruits again?
Yes, next year you will have new flowers and new fruits in your Citrina.
It will help a lot to bear fruit, all these situations:
- prune your plant at the end of the previous summer, cutting off full mature fruits.
- repot your plant in spring or change the substrate for a new one.
- place your Citrina outside with mild weather and protected from strong sun and frost.
Leaves are falling, is that normal?
Leaves will start to fall off if your plant is overwatered or underwatered. If you put too much water in the pot reservoir and if , air cannot get in, the roots suffocate and the leaves fall off. If you left your Citrina without water for a while, the mixture will dry out too much and the leaves will also fall off.
Pay attention and do not place your Citrina near a heater or air conditioner with direct air.
Lack of light is another cause of falling leaves, it is important to place your Citrina in a place with plenty of natural light.
- you should only water when you feel dry on the top. If it has a sensor, the sensor should be turning completely red (still with some traces of blue)
- when watering, take the plastic pot out of the ceramic vase and water very abundantly until the plant is very heavy (between 1 to 2 liters of water, always letting it enter the substrate and letting drain from the bottom)
- Wait a few minutes and put it in the ceramic vase.
- Keep your plant in natural light and low sun.
- In the case of lemon trees and limes, the top should not be allowed to dry completely, your Citrina should be watered when it is low in humidity, never completely dry.
- In the case of kumquats, you should leave the soil to dry almost completely, with some humidity at the root.
Please check our website in the “Care” section and get the best instructions on how to water your Citrina.
How should I recover my Citrina?
1. Remove all fruits and leaves from the plant.
2. Cut all branches about 5 cm to encourage new leaf breakage, cut brown branches if any.
3. As the plant does not have many leaves, it will take time to dry. Try to water it abundantly from above, but only when the soil appears to be about to dry out. If the plant is outside it will dry faster than at home.
4. With low sun, place it on outside in a place sheltered from the wind and direct sun. Outside, she will recover more quickly.
5. In spring/summer it would be the ideal time to transplant it to a slightly larger pot with holes at the bottom or simply change the compost for a new one.
The flowers are fallen, is it normal?
Every year your Citrina will produce an intensely perfumed flowers and fruits. Then the flowers will fall and the fruits will remain for some months.
Can I eat the fruits?
Citrina uses the latest biological products and biological pest control to ensure that all the plants have fruit that are completely safe to eat or cook with. All Citrina plants have VitaCerta and MPS Certification.
Most Citrina fruits are bitter, and you can use them for different recipes.
The sweetest fruit is the fruit of the Ophelia plant which has a sweet skin.
Will my Citrina last for many years?
If your Citrina likes their environment where she lives, she can last for many years.
How long my Citrina stay with this size? It grows a lot?
It is normal that your Citrina will grow naturally. If you want smaller as possible, you can maintain the same pot as much as possible and prune it on spring. If you want that grows a lot, just repot on spring for a bigger pot and let it grow.
What is the difference between mini stem and trellis?
Mini Stem and Trellis are different shapes. Mini Stem is a round shape and in trellis your Citrina will be supported with a plastic frame.
Can I take out the trellis?
Yes, the trellis is a plastic frame that you can take out. Just, please be careful when you take out the rings not to break the branches.
Is it natural for citrus fruit has pests frequently?
As our plants are treated biologically, without chemicals to make the fruits edible, it is natural that some pests appear on the plant or even in the substrate.
To avoid it we recommend:
- Regularly check your plant as if detected initially, it will be easier to treat.
- Regular washing with soap and water
You can also find some insects in the soil that are normally not harmful to the plant. Simply remove manually, change the soil or apply a natural insecticide.
If even so, pests continue to appear, you should buy a specific product to treat your plant that you will find in the nearest garden centers.
Please check the most common citrus pests here.
How can I wash my Citrina?
You should put half a liter of water in a sprayer with a coffee spoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix well, spray the whole plant, rub branches and leaves by hand and wash with clean water afterwards.
Did you know you can schedule a delivery later?
You can order whenever you want and set the delivery date in the text box at the end of the purchase – Step 4 – Confirm and Payment!
Your plant will be reserved.
If you want a specific day, I recommend that you choose the morning delivery for an additional cost as the transport company gives priority to these orders (for Portugal Continental).
If you receive your plant 2 or more days before you will offer, you must took out from the box and keep it in natural light. Check the humidity and you should water if you notice low humidity at the top.
When do unavailable plants return?
We are a producer company, so when we run out of stock on a variety, it is normal to return only with new season of the following year.
The time of year when we have the greatest variety of plants available will be October-February.
My plant will be transported in good conditions? How many days I can expect to arrive?
Our packaging has been designed to carry the Citrinas as safely as possible. In some cases there may be some problems during transportation, in this case, as it is beyond our control, send us an email as soon as you receive your Citrina and we will deal with your situation the best way possible.
Depending on the country of destination, delivery days may vary.
We will send your parcel between 1-5 days after you place your order.
Can Citrina send plants to Islands?
Yes, we ship to Madeira and Azores (Portugal). Just order on our website, select Portugal and then Portugal Ilhas. We ship orders to Islands by plane within 1-5 business days.
We ship to other islands upon price consultation via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.